I just wanted to post a quick update to show off the progress on the mutants. Yesterday I finished the modeling of both of the mutants so they are ready to paint! I made a few minor changes to both of them. The daemonette mutant now has a spear instead of the axe. I cut down the arm a little bit as well because it was just too long. The marauder mutant got spikes. I added 7 spikes to the shoulder area where the new arm was placed. I was considering adding something else but I couldn’t think of anything that was simple enough and would fit nicely on the existing model. The spikes and extra arm should hopefully be enough to make it stand out as a mutant after it’s painted. With any luck, I’ll be able to get them primed and painted this week.
The spear was actually a halberd originally that I cut and filed down to make a spear. The green stuff work on her leg is a bit messy. I had a lot of trouble getting it to stay together which caused a lot of problems.
I’m pretty happy with how the spikes turned out. I wasn’t sure how to do them at first… but it came to me just while working with it. I simply placed a small blob on the arm and smoothed out the base then I grabbed the end and pulled it slowly until it tore apart. It naturally made the point for me. I then just gently nudged it to the direction I wanted it.
Well, that pretty much concludes my first jump into the world of green stuff. I’m pretty happy with these mutants. The goal was for the possessed to be extremely daemonic looking, but keep the mutants pretty simple and retain enough human features on them. The marauder is clearly humanoid with minor mutations. The daemonette is pretty extreme, but once painted up with some flesh colors she should retain some of the human look I think.Tags: green stuff, Miniatures, models, mutants, possessed, Work In Progress