After a long time spent working on terrain and neglecting my warband I decided I’d like to try and finish all of my models. I had 7 (near) completed models already, but was lacking heroes. I picked up some additional Brethren, Darksouls, and another Possessed model. I wanted my mutants to look very much human and fleshy, but with some noticeable mutations. I also wanted to try to do some conversions. I picked up some Daemonettes and some Marauders of Chaos to use as the bases for my mutants, and some green stuff. I’ve never really worked with green stuff before, so this was a fun experiment.
I planned out my two mutants before I started. I decided that I wanted one of them to have a claw and a tail, and the other to have an extra arm and spines. I picked the Daemonette for the claw and tail since those were already part of the Daemonette model.
This is my new Possessed model that I ordered. He already has a claw and spines, so I decided to not make any modifications to him.
While certainly not amazing, I think this turned out pretty well. I’m usually terrible when it comes to anything art related, so I was impressed with myself and how I did the sculpting here. The extra arm actually appears to have large muscles much like the other arms. I didn’t get around to it last night but I want to also use green stuff to add some spikes/spines to this guy as well.
The claw and tail were already part of the daemonette, so I didn’t have much to mod here. The left leg and torso I picked for this mutant were not supposed to go together, so I used some green stuff to fill in the gap here. The daemonettes only have arms with claws so I needed a human arm to put on here. I took the arm of a marauder and cut it in half at the muscles because it was too thick. I then used some green stuff on the arm itself to give it a more rounded and smooth look. I used more green stuff on the shoulder of the daemonette to make an attach point. The daemonettes usual point for attaching arms is very tiny, and pointing backwards because their arms are all bent so I needed something else. I would have just attached the arm with the green stuff but the legs were drying and I kept knocking them off when trying to attach the arm.
Here’s a shot of all three. Along with my existing possessed these will be my heroes for my Possessed warband. I’ve got a few slight modifications to make before painting I think. I’m excited to see how these look once I’ve got some paint on them!Tags: green stuff, Miniatures, models, possessed, Work In Progress