Over the last week I’ve been working to try and get our cobblestone (well, technically I think it’s flagstone) method just right. I’ve tested out a ton of different methods, so I thought I’d post up everything I’ve done up to this point so you can see all the iterations. I’ve tried drybrushing, washing, tracing with markers, priming/not priming, adding texture, and more. I think I finally got something pretty close to what we want, though there are still a few things to try out. I was quite surprised at how well something as simple as a gray marker has worked. I’ve been using it to add depth not only through coloring the grout, but to force a deeper imprint and fix up some areas that didn’t stamp so well. Read more »
Cobblestone isn’t the only thing that we’ve been working on. We’ve also spent a little bit of time putting together some of the smaller details. One of the things that we’ve done so far is played around with making some small detail objects with sculpey. We have been thinking of creating things such as crates, barrels, ladders, and other similar items out of sculpey and possibly casting them to a mold. My girlfriend (Hadesdream, she might post on here at some point) sculpted us some really cool sacks out of sculpey the other day. These are not finished yet… they still need to be painted. I think they look awesome and I can’t wait to get them painted and put onto some terrain.