Over the last week I’ve been working to try and get our cobblestone (well, technically I think it’s flagstone) method just right. I’ve tested out a ton of different methods, so I thought I’d post up everything I’ve done up to this point so you can see all the iterations. I’ve tried drybrushing, washing, tracing with markers, priming/not priming, adding texture, and more. I think I finally got something pretty close to what we want, though there are still a few things to try out. I was quite surprised at how well something as simple as a gray marker has worked. I’ve been using it to add depth not only through coloring the grout, but to force a deeper imprint and fix up some areas that didn’t stamp so well. Read more »
We knew the first couple terrain blocks would mostly be practice blocks, so it’s not surprise that things have already gone wrong with both the well and the meteor. We spent too much time just tossing things together without enough planning, and we had to essentially scrap the well piece. We also made a mistake with the meteor that we MIGHT be able to fix. Since most of the time you only ever see the great successes of terrain and not the many failed attempts on the way, I decided to post the failure here so that people can learn from our errors.