The Marauder Mutant is fully finished, based and coated with a Matte finish spray. I also based and finished my Magister and Possessed. I used Ben’s basing method for the bases to give a rough ruins look instead of doing cobblestone. You’ll also notice that the pictures look much better. I used Hyun’s guide to taking photos of your miniatures to learn how to take some better pictures, and I am now using Picasa to touch them up before posting. Oddly enough I switched to a lower quality camera for these pictures, as my usual camera was not available.
I added a shield to the mutant on his third arm. The whole model naturally leans forward so the sword and shield look a little odd as they are pointing down some instead of straight ahead. Overall I’m happy with these 3 miniatures. Looking at some high quality pictures I can see some places where I could use improvement, but those things are not nearly as noticeable in person. I’m pretty excited to be able to use the Mutant in games now. I also really like the basing style for these guys.
Next up is the Daemonette Mutant. I’ve started a base coat for her flesh so far. Now that I finished my first model in several years, I’m much more confident and ready to work on the other Mutant. With any luck I’ll have her finished this week and ready to play in our game next weekend. After I get her done I’ll probably go back to terrain for a little bit since the rest of my models are at least useable right now.Tags: finished, Miniatures, models, mutants, paint, painted, possessed