The well is coming along nicely. We got the idea for the well when we found a small wooden cylinder that was drilled from a door to make a hole for a doorknob. The cylinder was a little larger than we wanted so we decided to simply cut a hole in the foam base and set it inside. This made it just about the right height that we were looking for.
This will look better once we add the cobblestone around the well so the base and the well are not the same texture. We are also going to add some other features for looks… a bucket with rope, some debris nearby, etc. I’m happy with how our first piece of terrain is coming along. This is a sort of practice run for how we are going to base most of the tiles. We have some talus from Woodland Scenics that we are going to attempt to use for cobblestone roads. Hopefully it turns out how we are expecting.