I have been able to do a little bit of work on the foamcore building recently. I am in the process of testing out various methods for the walls right now. I picked up some lightweight Spackle for texturing and so far it seems to be great. The textured look is great, and it seems pretty tough. It’s also really easy to carve out of if necessary.
In addition to the Spackle I also tested out a method for doing a chipped away look with the underlying framework showing. This consisted of cutting away the top layer of paper on the foamcore, then drawing in a brick pattern on the foam with a pen. When combined with the Spackle it really gives the look of a broken wall with the brick framework showing. You can also see on the left side of the window where I added in a small crack in the wall. This is pretty easy to do with the Spackle and a sharp knife.
Previous Foamcore Building Posts:
First Foamcore Building – Work in Progress
I doubt this piece will actually get used for anything, as I realized that I messed up the dimensions when measuring. I didn’t account for the thickness of the foam so it’s longer than expected. It will make a good test piece for painting the walls and framework though.Tags: Buildings, foamcore, Terrain, Work In Progress