We tested out some stuff with the Well and the meteor blocks. We added some cobblestone to the well, and some water to both the well and the meteor. I am not too happy with how the cobblestone turned out, but I think the meteor looks really cool. Check out the pics below, and comment to let us know what you think or if you have any suggestions!
The well is coming along nicely. We got the idea for the well when we found a small wooden cylinder that was drilled from a door to make a hole for a doorknob. The cylinder was a little larger than we wanted so we decided to simply cut a hole in the foam base and set it inside. This made it just about the right height that we were looking for.
We started on creating some terrain. We took 1/2″ styrofoam insulation and glued it to 1/4″ particle board to create the blocks. We started by creating blocks of various sizes; 8 12″ squares, 2 18″ squares, 3 6″ squares, a 6″x12″ block, and a 6×18″ block.
We started working on the 6″ square first, with the intentions of creating a small block with a destroyed well. We primed the styrofoam which ate away at it a little, but this gave it a more textured look. We used a textured spray paint as a base for the tile. The goal is to create a destroyed well in the center with cobblestone around it.